Sunday, July 31, 2011

After 13 Seasons Kreutz Is Out, Spencer Moves In

     With the exception of Brian Urlacher and Devin Hester, the greatest post-Payton era Bear would have to be longtime center Olin Kreutz. Kreutz, who played the past 13 seasons for the Chicago Bears, has broken ties with the organization and rejected the Bears contract offer of 1 year, $4 million, stating he wanted $ 4.5 million. Now the Bears are without their best offensive lineman and bring in former Seattle Seahawk center Chris Spencer, who has has played in 80 games, starting 70, in the last 6 seasons with Seattle.
      I don't know what to say. I hope this works out all well and I hope Olin the best, but for the Bears organization, this should have been a lock to get Kreutz back, which I know they desperately tried to do as $500,000 stood in the way. Like I've said before and any Bears fan with a brain should know that the offensive line is what is holding the Bears back, not the defense (I'm putting that there for any idiots reading this) the receivers AND the quarterback.

No comments:

Post a Comment